Saturday, February 10, 2007

Snow...

We had a bit of a snowstorm last night. It snowed nonstop from about six until midnight. I can't help it, but I really love it when it's snowing. Soooo cosy!! You just can't help getting excited by it when you see how pretty it is outside.

Unfortunately today it's not minus degrees anymore so the snow is rapidly disappearing and turning into slush - yuck!

This afternoon I have been making a Valentine's card for Ross. But since I know he reads my blog, I'd better not put up a picture of it!!

...and right now I'm experimenting by making a chocolate cake from a book I got for Christmas. It will be totally dairy, gluten, wheat, barley, rye and egg free (!!). When you cook like that, you kinda learn not to have too high hopes on things. However I can report that the cake mixture tasted incredibly yummy (YESSS!!!)...sweet and chocolatey and no-one could guess it's a bit "different". Let's see how the cake turns out...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Anso.
I love your work. Really identify with your gluten/food problems as I have the same ones. I too have found some good chocolate recipes. Very good to have this time of the year. Julie S

Anonymous said...

I love the snow too, you may have guessed that LOL! Hope the cakes came out as you wanted.