Thursday, April 05, 2007

Designing With Calendar...

What a nice "summery" day we have here today!! Blue sky and the sun is shining. Okay so the wind is a bit chilly, but the sun is sooo nice...

I made a layout this morning based on a page for the 3rd of April in the "Designing With..." calendar by Autumn Leaves. Brown cardstock is Bazzill, the patterned papers are by American Crafts, Glossy Accents on the circles and arrow. The arrow is by Scenic Route. Here's the journaling:

One day when we were out on a walk with dad in Sweden at Christmas he suddenly asked us “have you seen the weather forecasting stone?”. “Weather forecasting stone?!?!?” we replied. And he took us to this house that indeed had a weather forecasting stone (!) at the very edge of their garden near the road (obviously to entertain people who walk past). The stone is dangling on a chain hanging from a metal stand. On top of the stand is a sign which explains how to “read” the weather forecasting stone: Apparently if the stone is wet - it’s raining. If you find the stone is dry - it’s not raining. If you can see a shadow of the stone - it’s sunny. If the stone is white on top - it’s snowing. If you can’t see the stone - it’s foggy. If it’s swinging - it’s windy. If the stone is jumping up and down - there’s an earthquake and if the stone is gone you have a cyclone.
December 2006


Deanne - sorry I missed your question in the comments the other day. I bought the Scenic Route arrow sheets from AMLT. Hope that helps :)

Now I'm going to try and make my own felt flower embellishments...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the story of the stone, made me chuckle. Your LO below is lovely too, I too find things I did not like at first grow on me, in the same way I come across papers I liked and think WHY haha. All good fun.

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Roflol! Loved the stone weather forecast. I want one. :D