Friday, June 15, 2007

Rain, rain, rain...

We have had rain nonstop (!) for nearly 48 hours now. And it's not looking like it will stop either according to the weather forecasts. There are lots of flood warnings around here (fortunately we live very, very high up). And it's so dark inside that you need to have the lights on!! It's the middle of JUNE and it's supposed to be SUMMER!! LOL!

Anyway, enough of the weather. Though I do need to point out that it's making it very difficult for me to get any decent photos of what I wanted to show you. LOL! The card I made yesterday for the BPS class. This really cool background effect! But I'm very unhappy with what you see in the photos, not only did the light make it so hard for me to photograph, but also with the size that Blogger wants the photos, you lose SO much detail/colour/sharpness etc. Still here we go...

Picking up our new car this afternoon - exciting!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow !! what an interesting texture on your card..... then how do you decorate or embellish it ?? How did you do it to look like that, is it texture paste ?? How is your car ?? I know the feeling cause we are getting new car in couple months. My husband retires in 2 wks. (end June),at 62. Went looking at & sitting in latest Holden last week. Felt nice, but we want a station wagon which doesn't come out till end of year, so might have to wait..... Cya Margaret

Unknown said...

when I went back to have another look at your card, is it scrunched paper or plastic ?? So good .... I have asked enough questions haven't I .....margaret

Anonymous said...

Yeah! getting a new car how fun! :) n Interesting texture I have to see what you come up with. I am sure it's something neat and creative..

Clare said...

you can see Trish Bayleys instructions for this background technique here http://www.trishbayley.com/2005/feb/texturedbackgrounds.htm - she invented it! try adding in other elements like crumpled tissue, micro beads, sweet wrappers etc for different effects - I have used this technique many times, its very effective isn't it?!

Debbie said...

its a gorgeous effect isnt it - clare did it for my birthday last year and it looks amazing!! well done you for giving it a go - i still havent tried it! lol

Unknown said...

I can't believe what a fab. site "trishbayley.com" is.
I love doing ATCs but all could be applied to scrap pages as well. Thanks Clare for that information.....