Thursday, September 27, 2007

N-O-T my day...

It's definitely not my day today...

First I battle for THREE (!) hours installing some printer software which keeps claiming it can't run because it needs "such" and "such" files etc. Back and forth. Back and forth. *tears out hair* After 3 1/2 hours, countless installs/un-installs/re-installs I finally get it to work. Only to receive some stamps in the post... Nice you think? Yes but my expensive woodmounted stamp is faulty. The foam cushioning is not done right. It's not as thick on one side which means it won't stamp that part of the image. I'm sure it will be sorted and everything, but just not what I needed today.

Then I go to put away one of those folding down stands that you hang washing to dry on. Only the leaver that you need to loosen is really stuck. I have to pull it with both hands (having to let go of the top of the stand) and it collapses down onto my thumb & index finger with such a force tears start running down my face and I can't help screaming out loud. *hand quickly held under ice cold water for what seems like an eternity*

...and here I am nearly two hours later and my fingers still hurt soooo much :( So no scrapping for me today. Instead I'm going to put up this little cute Xmas kitty with I just watercoloured. (Not as neat as I normally would - but hey, I am injured, right?)

He makes me smile. :) I need it!! LOL!

3 comments:

Gemma said...

Oh Bless, you sound like you've had a tough day.
Keep on smiling hun.

Unknown said...

oh you poor thing -- " it's not what happens, it's what you do with it" , isn't that what they say, so take some deep breathes & have a sleep & tomorrow is another day -- better for you I hope !!! cute kitty card . . . . I have got a tag we did recently at a make & take crop day, I have that hanging on my workdesk ~~ it has 'SMILE' word stamped in a circle and a few flowers ~~ guess what, makes me smile everytime I look at it . . . .

Anonymous said...

omg!! don't you just hate that. I am still trying to figure if my video card is going out..oh what a battle that will be to try and fix it. And you know the blog world is interesting I am finding that out. A lot of people look and read but may not comment. have fun playing with your new stash.