Friday, June 27, 2008

Alton Towers...


I have a little confession to make. I have never been to Alton Towers. Yes, it's true - never been. People haven't quite believed me when I have said that in the past - never ever been. Until Wednesday that is. The place surprised me a bit. It was like a normal funfair (in terms of the amount of rides etc) but very spread out. A huge place with lots of big areas looking more like forests/parks that you had to walk through to get to the next lot of attractions. A little unusual I thought. God job they had the Skyride that can take you from one part to another a bit quicker. LOL!

We nearly didn't get there tough... We had a long car drive in the morning and about half way through the sky opened and the rain was pouring down like crazy. When we had 5 mins left, the weather was still the same. Not a little bit of rain but just totally pouring down. Even though we'd driven for a long time to get there and we were so near our destination, we were actually thinking of turning around and going home. We decided to brave the weather though and it calmed down quite a lot after a while.

All in all we had a really nice (but long & tiring! LOL!) day out and I think it's definitely somewhere I would go again. Though it will never beat Liseberg for me :)

1 comment:

Gems said...

Ooh I love Alton Towers. Lucky you! :o) xx