Friday, January 23, 2009

The Million Holes That I Was Punching...

The million holes that I was punching...well it might not have been exactly a million...but it felt like it. LOL! What was I doing? This:

I had printed all the handouts etc that we got back in Oct-Dec by Cathy Zielske for the "Design Your Life" BPS class. Now these handouts were great. Seriously loved it :) Lots of good tips, layouts and sketches. As I was looking at my pile of printed out handouts, I thought to myself "this class is really like a book". And from that the idea came. To make it into a book. I mean we're talking something like (guessing here) about 150 pages, maybe more I think, look:

So I started punching holes in the pages with my Bind-It-All. And punched and punched. It's a LOT of holes LOL! Then I got some chipboard and cut some covers, found some papers and covered them. And finally I altered a graphic from one of the handouts and printed out as a title/cover for the book. I used red 1 inch o-wires for the binding and that fit perfectly, just. I'm seriously pleased with how this came out (you really don't get the feel for the look and sturdiness etc in the photo) and I can see that I will use and refer to this a lot :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this idea! I took this course too and have all the pages printed out. I think I will lift your idea if that is okay?

Jana said...

I love that you did this. I took that class too. Wasn't it the best class you could have spent your money on! I think I am going to do this same thing. I keep trying to put the class materials into binders, but it just doesn't feel right. Thank you so much for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I still think this is the COOLEST idea! : )

Go you!