Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Get Ready For Super Cuteness...

If you, like me, like super cute things then I think you agree that Easter is a great time. I mean, what's more cute than bunnies, little chicks, and pastel coloured eggs? :)

And I have found the most *perfect* digital Easter kit for me. Really honestly, if I could have had someone designing ME an Easter kit, I think it would be very close to this one. I was in love as soon as I saw it. *smile*

What am I talking about? Kay Miller's "Easter Joy"! Isn't it just THE cutest ever? :)

At first my obvious thought was to make some Easter cards. But then I spotted this cute basket template by Heather Roselli at SSD so I decided to use that instead.

The basket was pretty straight forward to make and I really enjoyed putting all the design together for the sides of the basket.

I always find that it's hard to get a good glue for projects like this. My usual Herma (which I use for all scrapping) is not strong enough. Double-sided tape looks like it works but a few hours later it peels apart when you least expect it...

This time I decided to go for a wet glue - Glossy Accents - and yes you have to hold it in place for a little while so the glue sets but it really doesn't take that long. So I think that will be this glue to use for future projects. If you have found another good glue for boxes etc, please do share :)

I'm off to work on a birthday card for my dad now :)

6 comments:

Kresta said...

Super cute! Great work!

Kay Miller said...

OMGosh!! That is sooo adorable!! That basket is just the cutest and the dimension is awesome! Great work girl! :)

Kay

pinky said...

Great basket, will take some filling! Super cute kit definitely.
Pinky

Tanyia said...

Adorable basket! That kit is really cute as well! Fab job!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

That is such a cute basket!

SarahLP said...

Ooh this is a lovely Easter project!

Have you tried Tombow Multi Liquid Glue? It's VERY strong and would definitely do the trick for boxes and so on.