Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Stress-free Scrapping Getting Stressy?...

Going back to July, while being in Sweden on holiday, I signed up for Shimelle's latest class "Stressfree Scrapbooking - Go To Press". I thought about it for a while, but I decided it was something I really wanted to sign up for. Why was it a more difficult choice than normal? Because I knew I'd spend most part of the class being abroad (ie no access to any craft supplies) and automatically starting at that point that we scrappers dread so much ---> being "behind".

The good news was of course that it's a class with downloadable prompts that you can save and work through at your own pace. So technically there's no such thing as "being behind". Yet you can't help getting that feeling anyway as you see prompt after prompt arriving in your e-mail box and the special forum getting more and more posts LOL!

And I'm a pretty stressy person. That is I stress about little things. When it comes to bigger things I tend to be more rational, take a step back and be able to keep my head cool & work out the best solutions etc. But little things can stress me a lot. Like being "behind" on a class. So I have a bit of a challenge ahead of me to say the least. Somehow not get stressed about catching up on a STRESS-FREE scrapbooking class LOL!

I'm kinda making this post as a promise to myself. To do the best I can not to get too stressed. To work through one prompt at a time, without looking at the pile of unread prompts and to try and find enjoyment rather than stress doing each page. Focusing on the page I'm doing now/next rather than the XX I have left to do. I did say TRY. And I will try LOL! But please feel free to give me some encouragement along the way if you have time to post a comment some time - I will really need it :) And check up on that I really finish the class!!

I'll also try and share the pages here with you of course.

Right, I'm off for a walk in the sunshine and then I will sit down and start reading through a prompt. :)

1 comment:

Liberty :) said...

Good luck with it! I would get stressed too that is why I have decided not to sign up for CZs class. I can't start it until the 15th and it starts on the 3rd. Whatever Shimelle's next class is - I am so there! Can't wait to see your pages :)