Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tuesday Blogging...

I've been busy working on some digital layouts and hybrid cards this week. Fun! Also handy since my left arm is a little out of action. I had the H1N1 swine flu vaccine on Saturday morning. Didn't feel a thing until in the evening when my arm started to get sore (I'd been warned this was a common side effect).

By the next day I had a tennis-ball-sized round red mark on my arm which was really hot and my arm was really sore (like a mega sore giant bruise - only there was no bruise visible). It got more and more sore over 48 hours and I have struggled to sleep because of it. This morning, finally, I think it's turning for the better. The mark is still there, red and very hot, but I think the pain is slowly starting to fade. Yay! I have felt a little less energetic and slight hints of headache at times but otherwise fine :)

Anyway, over to some of the digital scrapping I did, and a layout done for Sweet Shoppe Designs:

[Supplies: Journaling Pack - Darcy Baldwin, Jingle Baby - Kristin Cronin-Barrow, Meghan Mullens, Ruled Alpha - Lauren Reid, Layered Up In You: Stripes - Lauren Grier, Inspired By Rebecca - Lauren Reid, Jingle Masks - ScrapKitchen, Winter Wonderland - Zoe Pearn
(all from SSD)]

Marlene - left a comment on this post for my 3rd journal for Karla Dudley's class and wondered if she'd missed photos of the previous two journals I made? You did indeed. You can find all three journals here:

* Journal 1
* Journal 2
* Journal 3

Hope that helps :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am glad you are feeling better! Your reaction to the HIN1 vaccine scares me.
Your layout is gorgeous! Perfect placement and use of color. Peaceful photo. 5***** for your work!

Margie said...

So glad to hear your feeling better. The H1N1 vaccine is in short supply where I live in Beijing. I'm just hoping I don't get it until there's more vaccine available. Great layout! Love the snowflakes.

Dave said...

I really like the page you posted. It's so pretty!

I didn't need to vaccine, because my whole family had swine flu last spring when it was just warming up. We live in New York and the germs spread fast on that subway!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Lovely page!

I was worried my kids might have that reaction to the shot, but so far so good. Hope your arm is feeling better!

Deana Birks said...

That's a gorgeous layout. Bummer about having a bad reaction to the vaccine, though. Glad you're feeling better.