Monday, May 24, 2010

The Perfect Weekend...

We had the perfect weekend. Everything was just right, the company, the weather, the food, the places... ideal! :) I think I might have mentioned it about a month ago... My parents were due to fly over from Sweden and we were to spend a weekend in the Lake District with them...

...only the Icelandic Volcano decided to erupt and cause all planes to be grounded. So Mum & Dad had to completely cancel their trip and re-book everything. I was so disappointed back then. In hindsight it might have been a blessing in disguise...


...because the re-booked for this weekend just gone and we got the most amazing summer weather. 25-26 degrees and sun. The best weather this year by far!


We spent an amazing 2 1/2 days in the Lake District and I took hundreds of photos. I've literally just downloaded them all onto the computer and just quickly picked a few for this blog post.


Having only briefly spent a few hours in Kendal before, going to the Lake District and actually having time to explore it by car was great :) Definitely a place we'd love to visit again :)


1 comment:

Jessica said...

Thanks so much for sharing your pix with us. I do so love to see other folk's travel pix. I don't get to travel right now, as I'm mom's care giver. But I'm saving up ideas of where I'd like to go, when the time comes that I can. Thanks again!