Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Hunting Toads Again...

We went back to Hull and decided to try and find a few more of the toads...

These 4 took about the same time as the about-15-ish-ones that I got last time. Of course you tend to go for the ones that are closer together first. So these were spaced further apart and also not as super-central as the first lot (though still central).

I was hoping to get 5. That's what I had plotted on my map. But when I got to the place where one should be, I couldn't find it. I went round and round the block but no sign of it. After some closer studying of the brochure it turned out that this was a "travelling toad" and apparently it was a different place each week. You could check on the internet where it was supposed to be each week. So I had to skip that one for now.

I think the one above was the most "fun" of the toads I found this week. Very different and lots to look at. Oh and of course, it does help that it's GREEN too :)

This pale toad was pretty hard to find. Well not really that hard. But the tricky part was that is was not outside like most others, but rather inside the library!

So that's another 4 toads got. I'm unsure when this "exhibition" finishes so I don't know if they will still be there next time I get a chance to go to Hull again. But it would be cool to catch some more...

No comments: