Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Making A Christmas Box...

Between tidying and preparing the house for guests this weekend (my parents are coming over from Sweden to visit! Yay - I'm so excited and happy!!!) I've been playing with my new Martha Stewart Score Board for short times here and there.

Following the imperial (why oh why can't everyone use metric? LOL!) measurements to make a 6x6 inch box, I started off with two sheets of 12x12 cardstock. As it was a Christmas box I picked one green and one red sheet, deciding that the base of the box would be green.

The Score Board is really clever and it's so easy to make the lid that tiny, tiny bit bigger so it fits perfectly over the box.

I wanted the box a little more "designed" than just a plain box. So I brought out some pretty snowflake stamps and white StazOn ink.

After having used a selection of the snowflake stamps, I went around the outside edges with a pretty Martha Stewart snowflake border punch.

And here is the box all finished and put together! Since it was my first box, I just followed the instructions as they were given. I think if I was to make a second box (and I had a different coloured and/or patterned card for the base), I might make the lid edges slightly shorter so that you see the base more.

Of course I took some time to do the stamping and the border punching, which was totally extra, but if you don't count these steps this box was SUPER fast to make :)

No comments: