Friday, February 18, 2011

Project Life...

YES!!! I'm so excited! I finally got my Project Life kit this week. And yes it was only dispatched the day before Christmas Eve (!!)... not sure if it's taken several trips around the world before getting here or something LOL!

Project Life is actually not something that's new to me. I did it last year too. And yes I realise that I totally forgot to take photos of my album as I worked on it every week and I totally forgot to blog about the project... not even once it made my blog LOL!

Anyway, my kit for 2011 is finally here. I got my point & shoot out as I opened my box so I thought I could share some photos here...

It was a HUGE box that arrived...

This is what it looked like when I opened the box...

The inside box. Very stylish in white with a nice logo. Shrinkwrapped with a Project Life sticker on the front.

Above is the box with the shrinkwrap removed. A very decent box to store the materials while working on it perhaps?

The individually wrapped things in my parcel...

I played around with the shopping cart when I ordered it and noticed that the astronomical (!) postage did not change if I added a pack of extra journaling cards and two packs of (different) divided page protectors. So after much thinking I decided to add these extras too.

Opening the box... The Project Life kit comes in two versions. And I had SUCH a hard time trying to decide which one to go for. I really liked both versions so much. Yet you can of course only work on one album. So a decision had to be made and in the end I went for this one...

...simply because the pattern contained more green :) Inside the album you found a cardboard insert that held all the card boxes. Four (!) boxes of journalling cards and lots of other bits and pieces.

You get dividers for the months, really cool ones (similar to last year) which are transparent. You also get some extra matching 12x12 papers. I never ended up using these for my actual Project Life album last year, but who knows what will happen this year...

And finally you can see inside the big "extras" box. Loads of diffrent sticker sheets. A title card for each week where you put the date etc, extra large foldable journalling cards and much much more including a great date stamp too :)

The whole kit contains hundreds of pieces - very impressive!! :)

I've taken photos every week and kept a paper where I have made notes weekly. So I have all the info + photos but it will still be a huge project to catch up on considering it's getting towards the end of February already. Still ---> I can't wait :)

1 comment:

Kate Hadfield said...

Please blog about how you get on with this project!! I would love to see your progress and the album filling up! :)