Thursday, November 15, 2012

Lawn Fawn Winter Card...

Oooh how I have had my eye on Lawn Fawn stamp sets...! For a long, long time! I bought the snowmen set last year and since then I have been wanting more and more.

And I have finally got my hands on 3 new (to me) stamp sets by Lawn Fawn which are just super, super cute :) So I'm a very happy girl.

"Critters In The Forest" (that little hedgehog is soooo sweet!), "Critters In The Sea" (can't resist the happy whale!) and "Critters In the Snow" (mmm that bear, so cuddly... polar bear? brown bear? or even a panda? The possibilities!)

I have been scrapbooking, card making, stamping etc for a long time now yet I have never really ventured into paper piecing. I have seen some really cute Lawn Fawn cards done this way so I thought I would give it a try... I decided to start playing with "Critters In The Snow"...

This is actually my second bear on the card. The first one went in the bin as I picked a paper with a pattern that was far, far too busy and soon realised that I needed something more tone on tone. In hindsight I might still have tried the bear in a less busy pattern, but there's always next time... I'm really pleased with the paper for the igloo as I think that worked well.

The snowy ground/hills I actually drew/cut by hand as I didn't have a suitable stamp for this. The reindeer is stamped on a left over piece of a Basic Grey pattern from a long time ago and I used a yellow Copic marker just to give the antlers a slightly different shade of brown.

I had soooo much fun doing this and I can totally see myself doing this again. Especially with the Lawn Fawn stamps that work so well with this technique. :)

1 comment:

Eline Jansens said...

Simply Gorgeous!